Salary: $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
Test Engineer to perform side by side testing of legacy systems for all data conversion related processes including:
- Discuss and interpret client eligibility business practices and data mapping
- Update side by side testing guide, mapping current to future state screens and data transformations
- Develop a comprehensive test scenarios for all data subject areas
- Write SQL/pseudo SQL queries to identity client cases for side by side comparison
- Compare both legacy and Integrated Eligibility data, based on mapping, transformation logic, precedence logic and document defects in TFS
- Produce reports to track test scenarios/cases completed
- Work with conversion lead(s) on customer side to research and resolve issues, leading to fixes to conversion programs as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Learn Integrated Eligibility data model both from a technical and business process perspective.
- Acquire working knowledge or familiarity of the workflows associated with the Integrate Eligibility software and its various different modules.
- Develop a close working relationship with Project Managers and each business area’s primary conversion contact to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met and a proper communication foundation is in place to resolve ongoing conversion issues.
- Develop good working relationship with Systems & Software Conversion and Engineering staff in order to troubleshoot technical and functional issues that may arise during an implementation.
- Monitor, prioritize and follow up on open data conversion defects associated with the implementation.
- Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions. Assists in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Heightened attention to detail, strong technical problem solving skills. Strong customer service and oral/written communication skills. Positive, proactive and take charge attitude.
- Data Conversion experience preferred.
- High competency in data mapping and transformation.
- Experience in TFS.
- Ability to parse/manipulate data using tools such as Excel.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements, data mapping/transformation logic, business rules and document edits to testing side by side (Legacy to Web App) testing guides.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure.
- Experience with State/Federal Benefits Eligibility Systems preferred.
- Mainframe application/navigation experience preferred.
- SQL knowledge and experience preferred.
- May require a bachelor’s degree and 8 years or more of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.