Materials Assistant Manager
Work with the MNA MI materials, commercial sales, and finance departments to resolve inventory discrepancies, inventory aging and material price issues between MNA MI, its suppliers, and its customers. Provide reports to the manage team utilizing MS Excel, Power Point, and Word on a regular basis with their corresponding action plan.
- Maintain Pricing (850, 860) include foreign currency and daily report
- Compare and confirm MNA MI 850, 860 data with OEM system data
- Report scrap, return to vendor status weekly and monthly
- Retro payment, communicate with the suppliers, also communicate with Commercial Business department for payments details.
- Maintain and create POs due to the price change and communicate with suppliers for the new POs
- Status of Planning and EDI master for outbound 850, 860.
- Issuing Purchasing Order with the ERP System (Create new official PO)
- Obsolescence claims with OEM, get required information for claim, communicate with OEM claim department, along with the suppliers
- Capacity management, volume variance monitor, answering tickets (weekly)
- Closing a material doc monthly and when needed: Prepare monthly closing document, Retro payment estimate report due to the price change, Consignment part summary, prepare monthly inventory KPI.
- Material Prices variance investigation (GR/IR verification)
- Material price comparison
- MM Variance report to Material Revaluation (Retro payment)
- Creating an inventory status report periodically (monthly)
- Creating SAP Manuals for Material Planning processes.
- Follow up with ERP team for SAP system improvement in a user’s stand point
- Continuous improvement.
- Reporting slow movement inventory/aging inventory with proper root cause and action plan.
- Overseas Material Planning team, 1st point of contact for escalation and approves vacation/overtime
- Overseas cycle counting, to include, creating cycle count plans, investigating variances and creates reports
- Preforming any other assigned duties
Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:
- College Degree required. Must be effective in oral and written communication skills, computer proficient, and detail oriented.
- Previous experience in working under a JIT environment for a Tier 1 supplier.
- Familiar with Materials shop-floor operation. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) required.
- SAP experience required. Written and verbal communication skills. Experience in working with automotive OEM preferable Chrysler.
- Materials and Inventory Management and Control required.