New York, NY
Candidate will have excellent performance tuning and troubleshooting skills, such as database tuning, SQL tuning. Candidate will be able to find and resolve the problems quickly. Candidate will be comfortable opening and working tickets logged with IBM to resolution.
Responsibilities may also include installation, configuration, and tuning of DB2 databases. Responsibilities will also include creation and validation of procedures for all database processes.
- Experience with IBM IMS V9 database management or higher.
- Ability to perform a checkpoint restore of an IMS database.
- Experience with CICS transaction server.
- Ability to author REXX scripts.
- Ability to troubleshoot assembler code.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with DB2 embedded within COBOL programs.
- Ability to design solutions using Oracle Transparent Gateway.
- Ability to design, develop and implement BMC BPPM Monitoring software solution.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting IBM Tivoli LDAP server product running on AIX.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience working with application teams to build and maintain data propagation solutions – using “IBM InfoSphere Replication Server”. Ability to install and manage DB2 on AIX platforms.
- Deep experience supporting large scale, enterprise wide, financial and payroll applications built on the framework of off-the-shelf 3rd party solutions – with a strong preference for CGI Advantage 2.x and / or 3.x experience.
- Candidate will participate in on-call rotation and flexible work hours to support project development.
BA in MIS, Computer Science, or related field from a recognized college or university or equivalent work experience.