- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods through analysis of key plant floor metrics and data such as cycle time, machine data, and physical layout.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Obtains vital information such as production cycle times, staffing requirements, and related project costs for management decisions.
- Works with customer and supplier design staffs concerning product designs and specifications, in order to understand and translate this into tooling and process design to ensure efficient and safe production methods that meet quality standards
- Works with vendors to determine optimum tooling design and specifications.
- Project management from design to launch, including managing purchasing, implementation and validation of design. Responsible for effective communication with cross functional teams to ensure timely and effective launch according to customer requirements
- Reports to Engineering Manager on KPI, project status, customer feedback and other vital information as required
- Applies tools such as CAD, MODAPTS, Six Sigma, and lean principles as needed to realize projects
- Develops reports to Korean and US management as required
- Performs other and/or special assignments as delegated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial and Operations Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Production Engineering or similar technical engineering fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity, and ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software package – Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the automotive industry (including co-op and internships)
- Exposure to automotive assembly, preferably just-in-time / just-in sequence operations
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Use of CAD software such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, xxx
- Korean and/or Spanish in written and oral form is a plus but not mandatory