- Report quality system performance though defined measurables to the management team as a basis for improvement to overall quality within the plant
- Develop and implement policies for measuring and improving customer satisfaction and quality
- Manage, lead and support all direct reports within Quality department
- Manage and improve relationships with customer plants and staff activities related to quality, continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Ensure customer / supplier-related corrective actions are carried out in a timely and proper manner and that they are effective
- Initiate, recommend and provide quality and manufacturing solutions through proper channels and verify the implementation of such solutions to be effective
- Provide continuous training for quality personnel and all plant functions requiring quality training
- Oversee and direct the full inspection process to ensure all requirements and standards are complied with
Assist in the following processes as needed:
- Corrective and Preventive Action Process
- Control of Nonconforming Product Process
- Control of Measuring and Test Equipment Process
- Special Projects with a Quality Focus
- Continual Improvement Process
- Validation, Launch and Production Process
- Document and Data Control Process
- Training Safety and Human Resources Processes
- Experience with Torque
- Extensive knowledge of JIT operations
- In depth PPAP experience including knowledge on how to do a corrective action
- Strong management skills
- Union experience preferably
- Demonstrate positive attitude, ability and willingness to contribute to a respectful team environment.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Have full knowledgeable of Six Sigma tools, FS and Lean Principles;
- Have full knowledge of automotive core tools
- Have excellent computer skills
- Adhere to all plant safety rules and regulations, division policies and procedures, attend all job-related meetings, maintain cleanliness of work area, and represent division to customers, suppliers and co-workers in a professional manner.
Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:
4 yr. degree in engineering, quality sciences or equivalent required. Ten years of related automotive experience preferably in an Advanced Product Quality Planning environment. Direct experience working with OEM’s preferred. Experience in all levels of sample / PPAP submission within the automotive industry.