Salary: $28,227.00 to $40,883.00 /year
To provide necessary support for the successful operation of transportation and launch of new FCA programs, following Client standards and objectives. The Transportation Assistant manager plans, directs, and coordinates internal and external processes in the industrial plant by performing the following duties.
- Designs, improves, and prepares plans for new transportation route and its system.
- Confers with management and other staff regarding transportation operation processes to support and facilitate overall plant efficiency.
- Identifies process wastes in the overall transportation operations and identifies saving opportunities through analyzing truck utilization and customer demands.
- Supervises the maintenance of transportation system.
- Validates design calculations, or cost estimates to ensure completeness, accuracy, and conformity to thestandards.
- Confers with carriers, supplier and 3PL to discuss plans, specifications, or schedules.
- Estimates transportation project costs.
- Inspects completed transportation projects to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Models transportation scenarios to evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development or CN.
- Participates in validation of carrier bidding, negotiation, or administration.
- Plans alteration and modification of existing transportation structures to drive cost saving activities.
- Prepares cost saving report that includes details such as route instructions.
- Prepares transportation budget and improvement plan.
- Develops, or assists in the development of, transportation-related SAP transactions.
- Reviews development plans to determine potential transportation cost impact.
- Performs other and/or special assignments as delegated.
Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering / SCM or related field.
- 2 year experience in route design and monitor transportation operation
- 2 year experience in route/shipment optimization by utilizing truck capacity through analyzing demand.
- Cost saving experience in route design and carrier bidding (Analysis market price trend).
- SAP MM module experience to check customer demand.
- Technical expertise and skill in designing and optimizing material flow processes.
- 4 years working in a JIT assembly environment.
- Automotive parts assembly experience preferred with 4 year experience in the assembly of modular component systems.
- New product launch experience preferred.
- New launch plant RFQ experience preferred.
- 2 year experience working with the design and implementation of packaging and manage packaging master data.
- Knowledge of proper ergonomics and safety standards in the automotive industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication for effective reporting to management, customer, and suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- MS Office is a must; SAP and MS Project are preferred.
- Bilingual preferable (English / Spanish / Korean or Other)