Salary: $0.00 /hour
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Department seeks a highly motivated individual who has the skills and experience to assist the State and third party vendor(s) to integrate imaging system(s) with a Statewide Case Management System. Must have experience with previous image conversion of legacy imaging systems to modernized imaging system(s). The candidate will also have experience with designing and developing enterprise scale web applications on the Microsoft .NET platform for the integrated Family Court Case Management applications
Candidate should be an experienced developer in visual interfaces, application logic, database design and web services construction on the Microsoft Windows platform. In addition, they should be familiar with the most effective and efficient product development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013/15, C#, ASP.NET, .NET, MS SQL 2012/14 Database Server (including SQL Server Reporting Services) and TFS (Team Foundation Server). This includes code development, database/script development, unit testing, source code management, build management, integration testing, and deployment.
Take initiative in performance, working independently and with groups to effectively accomplish project objectives and engage in the following:
• Interact with Counties and 3rd party imaging vendors to determine optimal imaging solution by County
• Work with 3rd Party Imaging Vendors for image conversions into the Court Case Management System
• Assist the Software Development Contractor and 3rd party imaging vendor integrating both systems together
• Interact with other software engineers and technical leaders to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
• Review design and code of existing systems to determine potential issues and provide suitable recommendations to improve code quality.
• Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of (in OO terms) several objects working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
• Implement and debug subsystems and components.
• Write and execute tests for subsystems and components.
• Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers
• Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
• Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
• Support management of the team’s technical infrastructure (e.g., repository, build system, testing system) under guidance from the engineers or other project leads.
• Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
(SEE BEELINE DESCRIPTION)
• 3 YEARS IMPLEMENTING AND INTEGRATING IMAGING, DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT AND DATA CAPTURE SYSTEMS.
• 7 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE INDEPENDENTLY DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING MEDIUM TO LARGE-SCALE SOFTWARE SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS USING MICROSOFT .NET ARCHITECTURE.
• 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING DATA-DRIVEN APPLICATIONS UTILIZING SIGNIFICANT RELATIONAL DATABASE ENGINES AS PART OF THE OVERALL APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE.
• 5+ YEARS EXPERIENCE BUILDING AND DEPLOYING WEB-BASED SOFTWARE SYSTEMS, UTILIZING N-TIER ARCHITECTURES, DYNAMIC CONTENT, HIGHLY-SCALABLE APPROACHES, AND COMPLEX SECURITY MODELS/IMPLEMENTATIONS
• KNOWLEDGE OF MICROSOFT OPERATING SYSTEMS AND AT LEAST TWO APPLICATION, DATABASE, MESSAGING OR WEB SERVER SYSTEMS.
• SUCCESSFUL DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MULTIPLE SOFTWARE COMPONENTS AND SUBSYSTEMS.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE THE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SOFTWARE SYSTEMS INCLUDING RELEVANT STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES AND REASONS FOR IMPLEMENTATION DECISIONS.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE (ORALLY AND WRITTEN) EFFECTIVELY WITH TECHNICAL, NON-TECHNICAL STAFF, AND CUSTOMERS/STAKEHOLDERS AS NEEDED OR DIRECTED.
• ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY WITH THE DSS AND OTHER STATE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STAFF.
ENVIRONMENTS AND TOOLS:
• MS SQL 2012/2014 DATABASE SERVER (MUST, MINIMUM 8 YEARS)
• MS SQL 2012/2014 REPORTING SERVICES (RECOMMENDED, MINIMUM 2 YEARS)
• MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 2013/2015 (MUST, MINIMUM 8 YEARS)
• C#, ASP.NET, .NET (MUST, MINIMUM 8 YEARS)
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
(SEE BEELINE DESCRIPTION)
• EXPERIENCE CONVERTING IMAGES AND IMAGE METADATA TO NEW DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT/IMAGING SYSTEMS.
• EXPERIENCE FAMILY COURT CASE MANAGEMENT APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT PREFERRED.
• EXPERIENCE WITH AGILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT IS A PLUS.
• EXPERIENCE USING KOFAX PRODUCTS
• TFS -TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER 2013/2015. (RECOMMENDED, MINIMUM 3 YEARS)
• ASP.NET MVC 3 OR HIGHER (RECOMMENDED, MINIMUM 3 YEARS)
• WCF (RECOMMENDED, MINIMUM 5 YEARS)
• JAVA SCRIPT (RECOMMENDED, MINIMUM 6 YEARS)
• ENTITY FRAMEWORK 6 (RECOMMENDED, MINIMUM 2 YEARS)
• BS DEGREE
- MS SQL Server 2014 Yes Advanced 6 + Years
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Yes Intermediate 2 – 4 Years
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013 No Intermediate Within 1 Year 2 – 4 Years
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) No Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- 3-tier, 2-tier, n-tier architectures Yes Advanced 6 + Years
- Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form Yes Advanced 6 + Years
- MS VISUAL STUDIO 2013 Yes Advanced 6 + Years
- EXPERIENCE WITH PROJECT MANAGEMENT OF LARGE ENTERPRISE LEVEL PROJECTS WITH PROVEN IMPLEMENTATION SUCCESS Yes Advanced 6 + Years
- .Net Yes Advanced 6 + Years
- C# Yes Advanced 6 + Years
- Entity Framework No Intermediate 2 – 4 Years
- MS MVC Framework No Advanced 2 – 4 Years