Salary: $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
THE POSITION WILL WORK AS A SENIOR SECURITY ARCHITECT AND ASSIST WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION, INTEGRATION, AND OPERATIONALIZING ADVANCED SECURITY TECHNOLOGIES. THIS REQUIRES AN EXPERT IN INFORMATION SECURITY ARCHITECTURE AND SOLUTION DESIGN TO ASSIST IN THE STRATEGIC PLANNING, DESIGNING, AND IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW SYSTEMS AND CHANGES IN CURRENT SYSTEMS IN A SECURE MANNER. THE POSITION IS EXPECTED TO BE NEEDED 6-12 MONTHS WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION.
Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for planning, designing, development and implementation of enterprise security architecture
solutions that align with business goals and risk tolerance. Leveraging state approved processes and
technologies wherever possible.
• Lead process definition, redesign and/or technology innovation of security architecture, to ensure DIS
solutions support secure delivery of enterprise business architecture and services.
• Design, deploy and manage countermeasures to known security threats and develop preventative
mitigation strategies for new and emergent threats to enterprise data, networks and associated services.
• Ensure, validate and measure the consistent application of protective measures throughout the enterprise
business application and infrastructure support environments. Take appropriate action to protect state data
and technology services.
• Provide innovative technical leadership and expert guidance on the selection, procurement and best-value
utilization of security capabilities supportive of:
o Authentication, authorization and accounting of system access
o Logging and event management
o Vulnerability and configuration management
o Compute, storage and network infrastructure
o Cloud computing
o New and emergent technologies
• Establish, maintain and evolve a best practice methodology for Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) which
assures deep integration of secure design and development practices are implemented at all stages of the
System or Software Development Lifecycles (SDLCs).
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• EXPERT UNDERSTANDING OF SYSTEM DESIGN AND THE ENGINEERING PROCESS
• CYBER SECURITY AWARENESS AND UNDERSTANDING
• EXPERT UNDERSTANDING OF INFORMATION COMPUTER AND NETWORK SECURITY. ITS
OPERATION, ENGINEERING, AND ARCHITECTURE
• EXPERIENCE WITH UNIX, WINDOWS, LINUX, CISCO/PALO ALTO/FORTINET FIREWALLS, WEB APPS,
DATABASED, STRONG AUTHENTICATION, NETWORK SECURITY PROTOCOLS AND PROCEDURES
• EXPERT UNDERSTANDING OF ACCESS CONTROL LOGGING AND REPORTING SYSTEMS
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• NETWORK FIREWALLS, INTRUSION PREVENTION SYSTEMS (IPS), SWITCHING AND ROUTING
• IDENTITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT (IAM)
• PRIVILEGED USER MANAGEMENT (PUM)
• SECURITY INFORMATION EVENT MANAGEMENT (SIEM) SYSTEMS
• SECURITY FRAMEWORKS: NIST, CSF, CJIS, IRS 1075, CMS MARS-E
• VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT (VA)
• APPLICATION SECURITY (APPSEC)
• BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OR INFORMATION SECURITY RELATED
• 10 YEARS’ OF RELEVENT WORK EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUED IN LIEU OF EDUCATION
• MINIMUM 8 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN OVERSEEING LARGE IT ENVIRONMENTS AND/OR SYSTEM