The Project Manager position will specifically focus on developing and refining project planning and scheduling to increase efficiency and accuracy within the Project Management Office.
- Manage multiple complex and detailed schedules
- Maintain timelines, milestones and critical paths
- Monitor and control programs to assure timely completion
- Schedule and conduct stage gate review meetings with leadership
- Advise on and escalate key issues that impact the schedule
- Automate PPM lifecycle with workflows, develop reports and establish earned value
- Ensure all resources are allocated to the appropriate tasks
- Produce resource capacity reports (identify all resources that are over-allocated and under-utilized)
- Devise adhoc reports that will be needed for senior management to make informed decisions
REQUIRED Skills and experience:
- Office 365
- Expert level Microsoft Project skills for very large, complex projects with multiple sub-projects
- Prior state government experience
- Project Management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work effectively remotely
- Please make sure submitted resumes clearly reflect the REQUIRED skills/experience above.
- Advanced level: Individuals with a mastery of project management skills, qualifications and experience.
- This individual shall function effectively with very little supervision, while maintaining a high professional standard.
- They are assigned to extremely complex and/or high risk projects that reflect the highest priorities of Client.
- These individuals are comfortable working with the highest levels and are able to contribute to the furtherance ’ objectives.
- These individuals have the necessary skills and experience to assist in project portfolio management and/or IT Investment Management.
- Our primary criteria are the qualifications and experience of the proposed key person. Please propose your strongest candidate, at a rate less than or equal to the maximum.
- Interviews will be conducted via Skype. Interview times will reflect Pacific Standard Time.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, we anticipate two weeks or more for the background check completion for the selected candidate.
- Key Person may be asked to onboard on site
- The selected key person could potentially telecommute, as agreed to between the Agency Authorized Representative and the key person.
- Any decision to allow telecommuting is made with the understanding that decision will be re-evaluated by the Agency Authorized Representative on a regular basis.
- The key person should be available to work onsite within a reasonable timeframe.
Telecommuting will be contingent upon the key person providing his/her own adequate computer, monitor(s), Internet connection, and telephone, and be readily available during normal working hours via phone, email or instant message. Access to Agency systems will be provided via VPN, Citrix Remote Desktop, or similar software. No hardware or additional software will be provided at the key person’s home site or his/her PC.
- Ability to work effectively remotely Advanced
- Advanced Project Management Skills Critical path adherence, issue escalation, complex schedule and meetings management/leadership Advanced 5-6 yrs
- Communication skills both verbal and written Advanced 6-7 yrs
- Microsoft Project Expert level Expert 6-7 yrs
- MicrosoftOffice Advanced 6-7 yrs
- Office 365 Advanced 6-7 yrs
- Prior state government experience Advanced 4-5 yrs
- Project management Advanced 6-7 yrs
- Reporting capabilities Capacity reports production; adhoc reporting capabilities Advanced 4-5 yrs
- Staff supervisory Advanced 5-6 yrs
- Tableau Advanced 6-7 yrs