- Lead and manage a team of planners for all material planning, orders/releases, delivery to our client
- Lead and manage a team of supervisors and union employees to ensure that proper receipt, storage and delivery to material to internal and external customers, in a safe working environment
- Establish goals and action plans for all relevant KPI, such as but not limited to inventory cost, delivery (internal customer) delivery (EBSC – external customer), and logistics related defects (PPM)
- Drive for continued improvement in department/team KPI. Such as but not limited to logistics related defect, inventory cost, downtime impact (internal and customer)
- Plan, establish and maintain team budget for operations
- Maintain excellent customer relations (internal and external customer)
- Prompt and effective communication with internal and external customers about potential issues and risks as well as when needed by customers.
- Set up, train and enforce proper work instructions and standards for all relevant activities by team members
- Establish and maintain correct data and optimum parameters for Material Requirement Planning (MRP) and related production systems.
- Establish and maintain business practices, procedures and documentation that ensure control of supplier releases, incoming material shipments, receiving documents, inventory levels, material storage and movement and shipments to the customer.
- Effective inventory management through close monitoring of all material (including but not limited to obsolescence, defects, pilot/new parts)
- Timely management of cost items such as defects, obsolescence, aging stock, through clear communication and effective analysis
- Monitor and measure supplier performance to ensure compliance with established quality and delivery standards.
- Drive for excellence in 5S, safety and quality standards
- Perform other duties as needed
Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in materials/logistics flow analysis and supply management with emphasis in Materials Management.
- Knowledge of Material Requirement Planning (MRP) or equivalent. 5 years experience, preferably at a Tier 1 supplier and/or OEM in assembly material handling/logistics and plan layout.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Supervisory experience of team(s) – UAW experience preferred
Education / Skill / Experience Preferred:
- Project management experience
- Budget management experience
- Familiar with part sequencing, kiting, bar code implementation
- OSHA Standards for material handling in warehouse and production environment