Job Title: IoT Network Engineer
Location: Romulus, MI
Proposal Submission: A complete proposal consists of the candidate’s Resume, Solicitation Check sheet and a completed IT Staffing Proposal Form.
The client is responsible for providing and managing the client ’s technology. The Technology Services Department is seeking an IoT Network Engineer to work as part of a cross functional team developing a cloud based IoT platform for operational, security, and industrial sensors.
Scope of Services:
The client is seeking a full-time, qualified IoT Network Engineer who will utilize their knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Actively participate in a fluid and collaborative environment with the ability to influence and change the direction of the product.
- Employ your development skills by delivering innovative features on Linux based IoT appliance(s).
- Ensure quality and performance through regular reviews, proactive monitoring, and active testing.
- Provide support for platform-related issues; triage and resolve issues reported by internal teams.
- Assist with researching, testing and evaluating best-of-breed products for microelectronic hardware to be used in to create a smart client environment by combining operational digital twins at client
- Assist with product evaluations, data collection, and solution integrations that collect data at the access control platform or the physical layer.
- Assist with development and system engineering associated with platform development.
- Cisco IoT / Cisco Jasper /LoRaWAN /Wi-Fi 6e /5G are the ideal infrastructure technologies client will leverage to build a technology foundation that all other sensors and solutions will be based upon. The ideal individual is expected to coordinate/manage the above and help implement solutions to expand to add additional business value to client.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of a variety of hardware sensors and micro-electronics
- Experience developing sensing platforms, with the ability to execute product evaluations, POCs, technology pilots, and system integrations.
- Experience with communication protocols HiveMQ, EtherNet/IP, OPC UA, WiFi 6e, 5G, GPS, LoRaWAN, etc.
- Agility and comfort with changing requirements and frequent customer feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be located in SE Michigan or willing to relocate to SE Michigan if offered position.
- For consideration, the candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 10 years total experience, with 3+ years specific to IoT or similar. IoT experience should be recent.
- 3+ years experience with Internet of Things (IoT), SCADA or in the industrial or operational sensor space.
- 2+ years experience with Programmable Logic Controllers
- 1+ years experience developing commercial software applications.
- 1+ years experience developing backend solutions on Linux OS.
- Firm understanding of Linux fundamentals.
- DoD 8570.1 certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent).
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, and/or PMI Methods.
- Familiar with Software Life Cycle Management (SLCM) and software best practices.
- Ability to engage with users in a professional manner and plainly present technical concepts.
- Experience working with web-based video, including HTTP-Live-Streaming (HLS), RTSP, WebRTC and MP4.
- Experience with cloud solutions and technologies, including IoT, and video annotation and AI.
- Relational SQL skills with the ability to design and troubleshoot existing databases and queries.
- Network Engineer experience preferred.
Skills that will help the chosen candidate be successful:
- A self-starter who enjoys tackling new problems and delivering innovative solutions.
- Likes working closely with their team members in a fluid agile environment.
- Is energized by understanding the customer and delivering solutions.
- Understands the concepts of REST and resource-oriented architectures.
- Ability to fluently translate designs into well-engineered solutions.
- Have a sense of pride in getting a story over the line.
- Can talk-the-talk and walk-the-walk of HTTP interfaces/APIs, networking, threading and concurrency.
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / M2M industries, such as home automation, asset tracking, smart sensor technologies, etc.
- Experience building solutions that are capable of high throughput and can scale gracefully.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with Hive MQ MQTT.
- Experience with AWS or Azure would be a strong plus.
Expected Engagement Duration: Six (6) months with possible extension or possible hire
- The duties of the position and related information are described in the attached IT Staffing Solicitation Form.
- Additional attachments are the blank Proposal Form and Solicitation Checklist.
- This position requires onsite job duties. Potential candidates must be located in SE Michigan or willing to relocate to SE Michigan if selected for this position.
- Include the Solicitation Number in the subject of the email. Please send one candidate submission per email.
- client will be scheduling a meeting to provide vendors the opportunity to ask questions about the IoT Network Engineer position. Please watch your inbox for a meeting invitation & let us know if you are interested in attending the meeting.
- Upon receipt of your candidate submittal an acknowledging reply will be sent.
- The interview window for this solicitation will start immediately upon the receipt of a potential proposal and will remain open until position is filled. (your submissions can be sent in right away)
- If you do not receive a request for an interview with your client within two weeks of this start date, that candidate has not been selected to move forward.
- Communication will be sent when your submissions for this solicitation are no longer needed.