Scope of Services:
- Actively participate in a fluid and collaborative environment with the ability to influence and change the direction of the product.
- Employ your development skills by delivering innovative features on Linux based IoT appliance(s).
- Ensure quality and performance through regular reviews, proactive monitoring, and active testing.
- Provide support for platform-related issues; triage and resolve issues reported by internal teams.
- Assist with researching, testing and evaluating best-of-breed products for microelectronic hardware to be used in to create a smart airport environment by combining operational digital twins.
- Assist with product evaluations, data collection, and solution integrations that collect data at the access control platform or the physical layer.
- Assist with development and system engineering associated with platform development.
- Cisco IoT / Cisco Jasper /LoRaWAN /Wi-Fi 6e /5G are the ideal infrastructure technologies WCAA will leverage to build a technology foundation that all other sensors and solutions will be based upon. The ideal individual is expected to coordinate/manage the above and help implement solutions to expand to add additional business value.
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of a variety of hardware sensors and micro-electronics
- Experience developing sensing platforms, with the ability to execute product evaluations, POCs, technology pilots, and system integrations.
- Experience with communication protocols HiveMQ, EtherNet/IP, OPC UA, WiFi 6e, 5G, GPS, LoRaWAN, etc.
- Agility and comfort with changing requirements and frequent customer feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For consideration, the candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 10 years total experience, with 3+ years specific to IoT or similar
- 3+ years experience with Internet of Things (IoT), SCADA or in the industrial or operational sensor space.
- 2+ years experience with Programmable Logic Controllers
- 1+ years experience developing commercial software applications.
- 1+ years experience developing backend solutions on Linux OS.
- Firm understanding of Linux fundamentals.
- DoD 8570.1 certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent).
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, and/or PMI Methods.
- Familiar with Software Life Cycle Management (SLCM) and software best practices
- Ability to engage with users in a professional manner and plainly present technical concepts.
- Experience working with web-based video, including HTTP-Live-Streaming (HLS), RTSP, WebRTC and MP4.
- Experience with cloud solutions and technologies, including IoT, and video annotation and AI.
- Relational SQL skills with the ability to design and troubleshoot existing databases and queries.
Skills that will help the chosen candidate be successful:
- A self-starter who enjoys tackling new problems and delivering innovative solutions.
- Likes working closely with their team members in a fluid agile environment.
- Is energized by understanding the customer and delivering solutions.
- Understands the concepts of REST and resource-oriented architectures.
- Ability to fluently translate designs into well-engineered solutions.
- Have a sense of pride in getting a story over the line.
- Can talk-the-talk and walk-the-walk of HTTP interfaces/APIs, networking, threading and concurrency.
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / M2M industries, such as home automation, asset tracking, smart sensor technologies, etc.
- Experience building solutions that are capable of high throughput and can scale gracefully.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with Hive MQ MQTT.
- Experience with AWS or Azure would be a strong plus.
Expected Engagement Duration:
- Six (6) months with possible extension or possible hire