The Technical Writer is a hybrid position which specializes in researching, developing, writing, editing, and generating technical specifications for complex IT related solicitations with an advanced level of work writing IT specifications and planning documents.
Examples of potential services include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a technical writing expert in the development of solicitations, planning and policy documents from ideation to completion.
- Perform IT solicitation, planning and policy document reviews.
- Leads collaboration efforts with agency program representatives in development, writing and editing of solicitation documents.
- Organize and create technical documents from notes, meeting minutes and white boarding sessions.
- Assist with pre-proposal conferences.
- Perform IT requirements documentation.
- Review and assess IT project artifacts for quality of work, adequacy, and compliance with SDLC standards.
- Provide best practice recommendations to agencies with respect to requirements gathering, documentation and management.
- Mentor and guide State agencies on the SDLC best practices.
- Support policy and procedure development.
- Support process improvements including reporting and templates.
Required resources may include:
- Technical Writer
- Sr. Technical Writer