Normal, IL 61761
MES Project Manager
MANUFACTURING EXECUTION ANALYST
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work under the Direction of the Rivian MES IT Product lead for ESS & Propulsion Shop to support the definition and development of an MES solution for the Battery Module Prototype Process for Pilot builds of Battery Modules at the Normal Assembly plant in Normal, Illinois
- Analyze and document business requirements, business processes, and technical specifications for MES implementation
- Engage in and facilitate discussions with Rivian Manufacturing, Equipment Supplier engineers, other parties to understand and develop requirements
- Evaluate requirements and design solutions understanding the pros and cons of Rockwell’s FTPC software and its limitations.
- Design and Specify integration between MES solution and Process equipment, collaborating with Rivian Controls engineers
- Conduct solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs within the organization
- Review test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks and participate in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization
- Conduct problem analysis as needed. Escalate complex issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate. Act as a point of escalation for moderate to difficult problems.
- Develop positive relationships with the Rivian and Process Equipment Supplier staff and other functional staff involved in downstream technical processes
- Modify or build new configurations in our MES Solution to support continuous improvement to manufacturing processes.
- Participate in and contribute to status and planning meetings with the Manufacturing Operations staff as required.
- Communicate effectively initiative status, issue escalations & resolutions, and other events as required to all levels of Manufacturing and IT organization as appropriate.
- Engage in team collaboration and deliverables tracking using a Jira-Based help desk/demand management process
- Schedule and facilitate meetings, document action items, follow-up to drive resolution
- Create PowerPoint presentations to help communicate technical, organizational, and project concepts and status
- Support the planning activities of the MES Team
THESE ARE THE SKILLS YOU’LL NEED:
- Modeling – The ability to represent information using a combination of graphical and textual elements.
- The ability to choose the correct type of model for a set of information, depending on the type of information to be communicated as well as the audience who will consume the information.
- Requirements Analysis – Ability to prioritize and elaborate stakeholder and solution requirements to meet the needs of the sponsoring organization and stakeholders.
- Relationship Management – Ability to quickly create relationships and partnerships with stakeholders; be comfortable in a challenger role that, at times, requires building constructive tension in interactions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of Factory Talk Production Center or an equivalent MES Solution
- Familiarity with industrial controls architecture and programming; preferably Rockwell controls solution set
- PowerPoint presentation development
- Project Management skills & familiarity with basic PM Assets
- Experience in Discrete Manufacturing, preferably Auto Motive and/or Battery Manufacturing
THIS IS THE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or a related subject required.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant work experience required.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Information Technology
- Location: Rivian Assembly Plant and Manufacturing HQ in Normal, Illinois
- Peter BeVier