To direct and oversee Engineering Management functions at client. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the establishment and administration of sound Engineering policies and procedures to assure that product engineering designs meets customer requirements. The Engineering Manager will provide maximum support to the Production & Quality Control departments with improved production processes, efficiencies, and outstanding engineering customer service.
- Lead and responsible for equipment, tooling, assembly process, and manpower related to new program, model year changes, and engineering changes
- Lead and responsible for assessing engineering changes and quoting impact to process, equipment, and tooling
- Coordinate with relevant teams to successfully execute projects through validation and handoff
- Manage Engineering expense and investment budget
- Lead and responsible for new and/or modify equipment and tooling procurement starting with RFQ through competitive bidding process and PO issue
- Lead and responsible to plan and install equipment and tooling, with emphasis on proper validation and collaborative team signoff
- Ensure proper handoff to operation teams for equipment, tooling, and process changes
- Coordinates and champions new launch programs and chairs meetings with customer and internal team
- Develops and implements tools, process, or inspections systems, such as vision, to assist the Quality Department in creating an “error free” production environment.
- Provides control and timely implementation of Control Plans, illustration and instruction sheets, designing of product and building and documentation of all fixtures and gages
- Promotes proper engineering attitudes of employees for establishment of sound engineering standards and objectives for measuring engineering efficiency results.
- Deals directly with other staff management with all teams
- May deal directly with customers about problems that cannot be handled at the Plant level.
- Recommends modifications and purchases of equipment to maintain the highest level of engineering integrity.
- Coordinates Engineering activities and provides guidance to Production & Quality Managers, Plant Managers and Production staff on engineering issues.
- Develops a communication network with staff functions and the Plant Managers to most efficiently and ineffectively produce parts of optimum reliability & quality within or below cost boundaries.
- Trains, directs, develops, supervises, and evaluates Engineering staff.
- Develops cost control methods within the Engineering function.
- Prepares and presents departmental budgets.
- Provides strategic planning and submits timely Engineering plans.
- Recommends improvements and changes at facility.
- Performs special assignments as delegated
Education / Skill / Experience Requirements:
- College degree in Engineering with 10 or more years of experience in the automotive field.
- Must have working knowledge of manufacturing engineering processes and in-depth knowledge of best engineering practices in automotive production facility.
- Other Requirements. Excellent oral/written communications, interpersonal, and computer skills required.