North Charleston, SC
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Developing project charters, plans, and budgets
- Managing multiple concurrent IT Infrastructure related projects
- Monitor and report project progress
- Evaluating and implementing Cloud and Virtualization options
- Migration student email from Google to Microsoft
- Development and execution of cybersecurity remediation plans and technology
- Deploying Switches, WiFi, Voip, Clocks, and other network attached technology
- Deploying computers and other endpoint devices
- Implementing campus wide software applications
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Project Manager’s responsibilities would include, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with project planning, project execution and risk management .
- Monitoring project progress/status (scope/risk management, schedule, budget, quality).
- Reviewing the Integrator / Vendor project planning documents and associated deliverables.
- Managing vendor interactions.
- Implements, monitors, and supports cybersecurity and system quality performance.
- Collaborates with areas across campus and with other IT teams.
- Provides time and cost estimates.
- Contributes to technical feasibility in development of strategic plans.
- Gather functional business requirements.
- Performing quality review of draft deliverables (in-progress and final) and providing comments for improvements where necessary.
- Ensuring the transfer of functional and system implementation and operations knowledge from the Integrator / Vendor.
- Deliver updates and briefs to senior campus leaders.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experience managing datacenter, cloud, and network infrastructure projects.
- Ability to work high-volume fast paced projects.
- Meets deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and prioritize workload.
- Technical and business writing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Knowledge of higher education business processes and systems
- Manage Multiple IT Security Projects
- Manage Multiple IT Projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or job experience in related area
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE PMP
- PMI Certification = PMP
- Initial round of phone interviews with in-person interview preferred before final selection
- Meets deadlines Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- Verbal Communication Skills Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- Written Communication Skills Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- Business writing Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- Technical writing Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- Datacenter, Cloud and Network Infrastructure Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- MS Project Advanced 4 – 6 Years
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification Advanced 4 – 6 Years