Years of Experience:
7+ years of experience in security architecture
10+ years of experience in information security (engineering, analyst, incident response)
10+ years of experience working with computer systems
10+ years of experience working with application architecture and application development
10+ years of experience working with network software and hardware, data or voice as well as experience with open and proprietary software and hardware
• Establish the target security/infrastructure architecture for security platforms (specific to applications/systems security)
• Acts as consultant and subject matter expert to leadership and project sponsor in defining the vision, objective and scope of major security related work projects and programs.
• Consults with project delivery teams and solution providers to implement security architecture frameworks and solutions.
• Consults and researches with vendor product specialists/sales, independent research organizations, on-site support engineers and fellow architects and administrators on best-fit technologies and also ensure compliance to department policies & standards and technology roadmap.
• Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture team for technology validation or suggestions for alternative solutions. If necessary, initiate Solution Assessments, Infrastructure Service Requests, and any applicable required documentation to implement the new technology.
• Advocates the use of emerging cyber security best practices, technologies, developing standards and procedures, promoting the usage of automated tools, developing strategies, and aligning practices with strategic initiatives.
• Authors requirements, including definition of dependencies on infrastructure consolidation efforts.
• Authors design related artifacts (Functional Design, System Design, Security Architecture)
• Produce architectural framework documents i.e., white papers, guidance documents, best practices, technical reports, etc.
• Performs security architecture and general security reviews for new infrastructure and system implementations
• Define Security/Information Assurance requirements (and dependencies).
• Specify key architectural aspects of the architecture view and identify other aspects that need definition.
• Project contributor representing security and participates in project plan development
• Provides project estimates based on past experience with security implementation-based projects and programs
• Leverage broad-based understanding of technology areas and end-to-end knowledge of current installations to craft architectural solutions or standards that can be applied across the enterprise.
• Operate within the context of the State of Michigan – State Unified IT Environment (SUITE) process methodology.
• Provide strategic and architectural support for cyber Security as a Subject Matter Expert.
• Provide support and subject matter expertise with respect to adherence to security controls (e.g. NIST 800, CIS, and related)
• Provide support and subject matter expertise with respect to adherence to Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF or related)