The purpose of this work request is for a Project Manager to assist in managing individual IT projects at our Client . These projects may include large application development efforts, smaller utility development, purchase and implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software, infrastructure projects, and maintenance or enhancement projects. Systems Engineering Methodology (SEM), and Project Management Methodology (PMM).
This Project Manager role encompasses:
Work with Agency project managers to facilitate the development of project scope definitions. Maintain project level budgets, set standards for project level budget data reporting, and create reports of projects level budgets. These reports will be produced for the executive level management as well as detailed level reports on an as needed basis. Create project level risk and issue management plans. They will coordinate and produce project level resource reports. Create and maintain a business plan and return on investment data for projects.Create project presentations and progress reports on a monthly basis.
- Provide senior project management for IT projects
- Provides recommendations for improvement of project management processes currently in use
- Performs training, mentoring, and knowledge transfer as assigned
- Manages and oversees large, long range, or multiple complex projects
- Assigns work to project team member to meet project or program objectives
- Establishes and monitors program or project priorities, objectives, and procedures, determining area objectives, targets of service, and resource needs allocation.
- Provides leadership and direction to the project team to ensure successful project completion
- Develops and maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work
- Coordinates work activities by scheduling staff assignments, setting work priorities, and directing the work of assigned employees, (including contractual) in the development of new information technology systems and enhancements to existing systems.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies and project management techniques
- Utilizes Agile/Scrum approach to managing projects
- Documented experience in successfully managing IT projects (full project lifecycle) > $2,000,000 Required 6 Years
- Proven record of delivering projects on time and within budget Required 6 Years
- A history of managing a project in a multi-vendor environment Required 6 Years
- Experience in managing IT projects in a government environment Required 5 Years
- Experience creating and managing comprehensive project plans utilizing PM flows and tools Required 5 Years
- Experience performing scope management for projects, including a disciplined change control Required 5 Years
- Experience performing issues management across multiple Departments Required 5 Years
- Experience creating and executing Implementation plans Required 5 Years
- Experience in delivering excellent verbal and written communication with clients and technical Required 3 Years
- Preference will be given to candidates with PMP or other certification Required 3 Years
- Experience managing IT development projects using Agile/Scrum methodology Required 3 Years